AlBurgan Handicrafts is a family run business, established 1989 in Amman - Jordan, that specializes in designing and producing unique top quality artisan (handcrafted) products involving old Jordanian folklore in embroidery and sewing skills.
In 1989, LinaLama Burgan started AlBurgan Handicrafts, a unique venture in a one room workshop employing & training 3 unskilled ladies, two of whom with hearing disabilities, working on one sewing machine.
The first product was a handmade slipper in traditional fabrics and embroideries that proved to be very successful.
Since then, AlBurgan Handicrafts has become one of the leading Jordanian crafts industries that employs over 20 full time local skills, mainly women, some with disabilities, and make use of traditional Jordanian embroideries and work techniques to produce a wide variety of unique top quality items.
All the hand embroideries used in our designs are produced under the supervision of five professional women embroidery supervisors who recruit and train women to do traditional hand embroidery at their homes in different areas of Amman, The number of ladies benefiting from this work reached around 100.
Our Showroom is located in a rustic two-storey house in the middle of old Amman.
AlBurgan is proud to be one of the leading initiators of a new industry that is involving women in participating to improve their families' standard of living and at the same time preserving some of Jordan's craftsmanship.
A good range of our products can be found at all five star hotels gift shops through out Jordan, The Airport Duty free shop and prominent tourist attraction shops.
Keeping the AlBurgan identity and Jordanian influence in our works we have always managed to orient our designs and colour combinations to suit the liking and appeal of different markets. This has proven successful as we succeeded to expand our outlets to many regions from the Gulf countries to Japan, Switzerland, Austria and the United states.
Produced in relatively small quantities, our range of items include:
- Embroidered small gift items: Pouches, Wallets, Bookmarks, slippers, Teapot covers, hats, etc.
- Soft collectable animals in patchwork traditional fabrics and embroideries: Teddy bears and Camels.
- Hand made traditional Jordanian dolls with hand carved wooden faces and explicit embroidered outfits.
- Ladies fashionable shoulder hands and back bags.
- Bath and bed room wear and accessories for adults and children in toweling and traditional fabrics.
- Ladies' and children's out fits, Jackets and shawls.
- Tablecloths, Place mats and accessories.
- Custom made woven wall Hangings and floor rugs.
- Soft home furnishings including table runners and embroidered cushions.
For more information, please:
Enjoy our products, shop AlBurgan Handicrafts now.